This is an intermediate level course on communication networks with emphasis on hands-on experimentation. A unique feature of this course is the integration of the course instructions with a sand-box lab environment where participants can try out the exercises through the browser interface itself, without installing any special software. The course currently includes six modules (approx. 4 hours/module):
- Module 1: Introduction to networking and end-to-end walkthrough
- Module 2: Network building blocks and essential tools
- Module 3: Path computation (routing) and introduction to graph algorithms.
- Module 4: Reliability, flow control, and congestion control
- Module 5: Advanced networking (virtualisation, overlays, filters)
- Module 6: Software Defined Networking.
The course content and the sandbox lab environment can be accessed by registering at https://netlab.cnihackathon.in.