Position: Research Assistant
We are seeking a motivated Research Assistant (RA) to join the Data Center Network (DCN) and Cloud Research group at the Centre for Networked Intelligence (CNI), IISc. The successful candidate will be actively involved in research projects focussed on sustainable computing,and network performance optimization. This role requires solid technical and quantitative skills and a passion for research.
Location: Indian Institute of Science campus, Bengaluru
- The Centre for Networked Intelligence is an industry-sponsored research centre focused on developing next generation networking methodologies and concept solutions that can derive knowledge from evolved networks of the future.
- Assist in designing, implementing, and conducting experiments in the areas of cloud computing, and network performance.
- Apply quantitative analysis and data modeling techniques to interpret research data, write research reports and scientific papers.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of software tools, models, and protocols for computer networks and systems.
- Collaborate with other team members to contribute to ongoing research projects and initiatives.
- Bachelors or master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Communication, or related engineering disciplines.
- A strong understanding of computer networks and Linux operating system.
- Proficiency in data structures and algorithms, C/C++ and Python programming, and development tools.
- Solid foundation in probability and statistics.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think critically and independently.
Incentives for joining CNI:
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic research environment at the forefront of computer networks and systems.
- Collaboration with renowned experts in the field.
- Access to state-of-the-art tools, technology, and resources.
- Regular opportunities for professional development and skills training.
- Support for publication in and attendance at relevant conferences and seminars.
- Opportunity to contribute to significant projects with real-world impact.
Duration: This is a grant-funded position and is contingent on funding availability.
How to apply:
Please fill in the form to apply.